Thursday, February 23, 2023

 


Today is Through back Thursday......


Okay throwing things back to 2011, when I went to the library with my sons and in my grief of loosing my mom that previous September, I wanted to get lost in a book, now I am not one who read, ever in my life, I am profoundly dyslexic and struggle all my life end even today with reading. But I went in, Spun the rack and decided I would take home what fell on the floor and read it no matter what.

One of the books that fell off was The Diva Haunts The House, It was a hot  summer day and we were seeking refuge in the library and this one really appealed to me. Once I finished it I had to track down every book before and after it and it quickly became a favorite series of mine. 

Krista Davis has become one of the authors that I know I will love no matter what she writes, I can not recommend this series enough.


Another of the books that fell and changed the course of my life was Lorna Barrett's Book Town Mystery Series, much like with the Diva Series by Krista Davis, I went on to read every book in this series and still dream about it and the characters these many years on. Absolutely a brilliant read each and every time. 


Another book series I loved though did not find on that faithful library run was the Hamptons Home and Garden Series by Kathleen Bridge, I loved the main character in this one who is actually deaf and while it is something she lives with it doesnt make up her entire identity, I found that It was such a fantastic story and idea and I loved reading this series and many more of her series. 


 Sending you wishes for a sweet dream and a day with some napping, by Thursday I just cant wait to get home for a pre weekend nap! Hope to see you here again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t read all of Krista Davis’ diva series but I love her paws and claws series.
    Happy Thursday, Karen and Lisa.
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete