Wednesday, May 24, 2023


 This week I am thinking about ways to beat the summer heat. I am not a summer person and while I love a sunny day I don't love a hot day. I have had to check several times this last week if it was hot out or if I was just having a hot flash, sadly sometimes it was both. Why? Why must we suffer in the sun? We where I live A/C is really not that common in homes and we usually get two unbearable weeks in the summer usually in August but, sometimes it is early and often. I have never heard the term "Heat Dome" more than I have in the last few years. Not even sure it is a real thing but something we just have to get used to.

So when the weather gets hot I usually switch to a cozy themed mystery that is fall or winter based. I would love to read a paint and sip mystery, but have not yet found one so if you know of one let me know.

I took up painting in the last 5 years and I am really enjoying it, I get better each time and it makes me feel really proud and like I am getting that much needed creative outlet. 

To escape the summer heat, I am sharing a few favourite series you might be able to find at your library, and one series I have been meaning to start! 

One past summer I was obsessed with the fiber craft type mysteries, knitting, (which I can do, kinda), crochet, (which I can't yet do), needle point, cross stitch and needle felting are all crafts I have tried.
Absolutely loved the following series:


Maggie Sefton's Knitting Series! Such a fun read and very fun knitting patterns, there are 16 books I believe in the series so a summer of good reading and projects await you!
I would be remiss if I did not mention the amazing Betty Hechtman Crochet Mystery series, her books made me laugh, cry and had some great recipes in them as well. 

I loved so much Amanda Lee's Embroidery series and her beautiful Irish Wolfhound apprentice! 
there are 10 books in this series and I loved Better off Thread, but so many wonderful titles in this series. 

 


A series I had been meaning to read is the Amish Quilt Shop Mystery series by Isabella Alan (aka Amanda Flower!)

I would love to hear your crafting cozy suggestions to keep my mind busy when my hands are not crafting on these hot summer nights!

Looking forward to sharing more with you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I can only suggest reading. (I’m not a crafty/creative person.)
    Happy Wednesday, Lisa and Karen.
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I also love Lois Winston crafting/quilting books, Amanda Flower Amish Candy Shop series

    ReplyDelete