Saturday, December 3, 2022

 
WHAT'S COOKING?

Christmas Movie Food!

🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄


Cook up holiday cheer with 100 recipes inspired by some of America’s favorite Christmas films.

‘Tis the season for cozy comforts, delicious holiday treats, and having a good cry while watching your favorite Christmas movies! 
The Cozy Christmas Movie Cookbook?: Mouthwatering Food to Enjoy During Your Favorite Holiday Films brings you 100 recipes inspired by America’s most adored Christmas films, from Northpole to The Christmas TrainA Royal Christmas, and many more! Give the gift of seasonal fun to the holiday film-lover in your life, or enjoy the dozens of recipes—from snacks and small bites, to Christmas cookies and cakes, to warming drinks and cocktails, with a recommended film to watch with each—while curled up next to your Christmas tree, in the seasonal glow of your own home.

Snack on popcorn treats as you wrap gifts, pipe frosting onto Christmas cookies with your favorite Lacey Chabert or Danica McKellar film on in the background, and bake up a storm for your next party. Have a lovely Christmas with the perfect companion cookbook to the most wonderful time of year. You’ll find yourself cozying up to your most cherished films with delectable recipes from this very special cookbook!


Disappointing.

I don’t hate this cookbook, but it’s so much less than I was hoping it would be. The potential for this book just didn't reach where it should have.

Pros:

1. Wonderful recipes.

2. Introductions letting readers know what movie each recipe is from.

3. Some quotes from of the characters from the movies.

Cons:

1.     No photos of the food. I get that they are from movies, but it would have been nice to see photos from author of dishes she made (if any) from the book. 

2.   No photos from the movies. Upon reading the small print on the back, this is due to the fact that Hallmark had nothing to do with the book. 

   3. Amazon ad says 100 recipes. The front of the book says 50. I counted around 90. Amazon could have misprinted, and maybe the extra recipes in the book are bonuses?

You’ll find recipes like . . . World-Famous Long Family Eggnog, Kate’s Baked Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts, Karla’s Potato and Sausage Soup, Mulligan Stew, Zoe’s Snowed-In Grilled Cheese Casserole, Christmas Under Turkey Wraps, Better-Than-A-Diamond Crescent Ring, Ben’s Favorite Mushroom Neptune, Puppy Chow (A.K.A. Muddy Buddies), Aunt Jane’s Cranberry Orange Scones, Christmas Party Punch, Stolen Chocolate Cookie Truffles, Carol’s Hot Apple Dumplings, and many more including two for our pet loves . . . Happy’s Holiday Dog Biscuits, and Christmas Cookies For Kitty.

Author Holly Carpenter picked some great recipes representing many of my favorite Christmas movies, but overall, I wasn’t really impressed, and I’m debating returning it.



I'm waiting for the arrival of the following cookbook. I've really been looking forward to getting it. Hopefully today!


What's cozier than a cup of tea, a warm fire, and drooling over the mouth-watering food featured in your favorite mystery novels?

Some of today's most exciting mystery writers invite you to take a behind the scenes peek into their characters' kitchens where, among the stashed poisons, the sharpened knives, and the recipes for murder, the secret ingredients for their killer recipes are all spelled out.

Recipes from Andrea J. Johnson, G.P. Gardner, Rose Kerr, Lori Robbins, Jen Collins Moore, Judy L. Murray, Genevieve Essig, Grace Topping, Linda Norlander, Allison Brook, Judith Gonda, Lena Gregory, Kim Davis, Jackie Layton, Heather Weidner, and Colleen J. Shogan. Compiled and edited by Dawn Dowdle.


I think this one is going to be a winner. It has authors I know, and some new to me. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it! 😀



As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry the cookbook didn’t “measure” up, Lisa. ;-)
    It did seem to have a lot of potential. (I don’t like cookbooks without photos, either.)
    Happy Saturday!
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Good one, Pat! I wish I had used that in the review. Sadly, I'm not fond of the other cookbook I mentioned either. I'll keep it because it does feature some of my favorite authors, but each just have a small, small black & white photo above the recipe.

      Delete
    2. Well, phooey! I’m sure most people want photos.

      Delete