Wednesday, August 10, 2022

82 Days to Halloween...

 

Today is 82 days until Halloween and I am already in the thick of it, spooky season that is. I love the fall, autumn as you say it, offers so many of my favorite things. The most perfect reading weather, jeans, sweater and boot weather, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cool misty mornings, rain driven nights and well to me it doesn't get much more perfect than that. 

For me on much to hot summer days like the one we are experiencing here today I long to be transported into the comfort of a great fall cozy.
One of my favorite summer library memories was of spinning the rack and taking home the cozy mysteries that fell from the rack, this is folks how I discovered cozy mysteries!

In that set of books on the floor at the Library that fell was this one by Krista Davis that I, hook line and sinker fell in love with. After this one I ordered all the previous books in the series and then I have read almost all of them since! If you have not yet read this series or this particular book you really should add it to your TBR pile.

Here is an example of one of the rack spin books I picked up after discovering the cozies at my local library...

So many more I love such as The Spook in the Stacks Mystery by Eva Gates. 





Leigh Perry's book actually inspired me to have my own Skeleton year round...
Say Hello to Harrold George...


This was in March...
This is today, he really wants a new outfit as he has been in this one since Canada Day...
But in all seriousness that skeleton series is amazing!


The last one I will share today out of hundreds I could recommend is the Of Spice and Men by Sarah Fox, this is such a great series. 


Looking into my Crystal Ball here and it looks like I am back to share again with you  tomorrow some of my favorite cozies for Holidays and maybe something more.... 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Karen. Cozy mysteries are so enjoyable.

    Happy Wednesday, Karen and Lisa.
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing. I love Autumn also. The wonderful changes and cooler weather

    ReplyDelete