Sunday, January 30, 2022


 It's another take over today, and I thought it might be fun to explore what we are good at, stuff and things. In this and future take over posts.



Today I am sharing that I am good at Cookies, making them, eating them....

As I sit to write this Sunday take over, it is actually Saturday night still here on the West Coast, but I am up late, and was craving cookies so sharing something good is my family recipe, ok it is my sister Bre-Anne's Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe...
She lives in England, and it is Sunday there too, she should be waking up just about an hour from the time I am writing this, long after I have baked and eaten the cookies from the recipe I am about to share.


The Gibson Girl's Family Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is as follows...
 
1 cup of butter
1 cup of peanut butter (don't use crunchy peanut butter, let's not make things weird, ok?)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of flour
1 cup of chocolate chips

Keep it simple! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Place the butters, sugars and eggs in a mixing bowl, beat together until all combined. Add the vanilla and the baking soda, and chocolate chips. Add the flour one cup at a time. 
Shape into balls (I use a cookie scoop), on to a parchment lined or sil pat lined cookie sheet and press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross pattern,  Mom (God Rest Her Soul!) used to do this so I still do. Bake for 8 minutes and pull out of the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before eating.
My sister swears by the 8 minute rule and her cookies are always perfect, mine I like a tad crispier and I get distracted way easier so mine are usually more crispy...


Mine are almost out of the oven as we speak, and I only am baking 6 of them, or I will eat all of them. So I used my cookie scoop and scooped the rest of the dough into balls, put them in a ziplock freezer bag and into the freezer, so that I can pull them out when I want or need and bake a few at a time. Also there is always cookie dough in the freezer for those really stressful long days and a quick no mess after work/school treat.



Well here you have it my Gibson Girl Peanut butter Cookies...A perfect Sunday Take Over Recipe and End of the Weekend treat. 
Thanks for tuning in today, here is my would you rather question:

Would you rather stay home and sip your favourite cozy beverage, consume cookies and your books or
Hit the slopes, come home and warm up with hot cocoa and a plate of warm out of the oven cookies? 
Do let us know below! 

5 comments:

  1. Home is the place for me, with my coffee, cats and books. (Cookies would be nice, too .)
    Happy Sunday, Karen and Lisa.
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home for me too, Pat. I've been snowed in for days and I'm loving every minute of it!

      Delete
  2. Happy Sunday. Nice to see you again. :) Thanks for sharing your cookie recipe. I would rather stay in. Not a cold fan at all. I would stay in and drink hot tea, quilt or make greeting cards or read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love it when you take over! The cookies sound amazing! The perfect dessert for Friday's scalloped potatoes dish!
    Thanks for the take over and bail out. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete