Ryder Chen’s Cast Iron
Cashew Chicken Noodle
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles (I use Udon noodles)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (I use shredded white chicken in a can from Sam’s Club—makes the dish SUPER quick to make!)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (we use Melinda’s Thai Sweet Chili Sauce—it is DELICIOUS!!!! Also, I put about SIX to EIGHT tablespoons of this sauce in—do so at your own risk!)
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional (we do this, and it’s great!)
- We garnish with fresh green onions and some chili flakes.
· Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
(Jodi was excited to be cooking this dish for us on her new stove!)
· Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic. Add chicken.
In a large cast-iron or another heavy skillet, saute the chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
· Drain noodles; stir into skillet.
Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. If desired, top with toasted sesame seeds.
Cooking with Cats and the Hubby
~ Jodi Rath
Y’all, my life is tough. I mean, it’s very, extremely tough. Part of my job entails trying out new cast iron skillet recipes every month or so and then—wait for it—yes, we then MUST eat the food too. Ugh, right? Lucky for me, I’ve always been a bit on the thick side with lots of curves and love handles—so it’s not like I’m trying to maintain a certain weight! LOL!
The newest surfer dude in Leavensport Ohio, Ryder Chen, is taking Carlos’s place as new chef of Cast Iron Creations and boy, does he ever serve up some delicious dishes! Ryder is proud of his Chinese heritage, and the women in his family have passed down recipes from generation to generation—kind of like Jolie’s family has done.
Ryder, Jolie, Ava, and I hope you all enjoy Ryder’s Cast Iron Cashew Chicken Noodle dish. As you can see from the pictures, my hubby and I enjoyed it immensely!
Book 3 Book 4
Book 5 Holiday Book