Thursday, January 23, 2020


WHAT'S COOKING?

Lisa Ks goes Keto

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

THE COMPLETE 
KETOGENIC DIET FOR BEGINNERS
Your Essential Guise to Living the Keto Lifestyle
by Amy Ramos


The simple, easy and friendly way to start the ketogenic diet and lifestyle
Starting the ketogenic diet can be overwhelming―so much to learn, so many resources to choose from. So why doesn’t somebody make it easy? We did. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners is your all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. You get exactly what you need to make keto surprisingly simple; meal plans, shopping lists, support, and lots of keto-licious recipes.
The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners includes:
  • 75 Scrumptious Recipes―From Bacon-Artichoke Omelets to Pesto Zucchini Noodles, these easy-to-follow recipes can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
  • 14-Day Meal Plan―With breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack suggestions, this book takes the guesswork out of starting your ketogenic diet.
  • The Big Picture―An overview explaining the fundamentals of the ketogenic diet and handy charts illustrating nutritional information help you master keto in no time.
Easy meets yummy meets healthy in this ketogenic diet book. Start losing weight and gaining a healthy lifestyle today.

A NOTE FROM LISA:
I am not endorsing this diet. I have not tried this diet. 


A good friend of mine went Keto and lost over 100 lbs. I was so happy for her! We talked about it for a while, and I said it might be something I'd check into. Less than three days later I received this book in the mail from my friend.

This cookbook is done in three parts which are, The Ketogenic Lifestyle, The 14-Day Meal Plan, and The Recipes. The Recipes part of the book is of course broken down to different categories. Sadly, it’s at the beginning of each of these categories that you’ll see the only photos in the book. I prefer seeing a photo of each meal. I guess it’s more cost effective for the author and/or publisher to do less pictures. Ah well. Also included are tips to help you a bit more through the Keto world

I have to say, I hate diets, and I'm a finicky eater (Yes, overweight people can be finicky eaters), but since this book was a gift, I wanted to give it a read.  I think with a few tweaks of my own, I could enjoy a lot of these recipes. Some of the recipes included are . . . Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie, Bacon-Artichoke Omelet, Smoked Salmon Fat Bombs, Crispy Parmesan Crackers, Herb Butter Scallops, Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Roasted Pork Loin with Grainy Mustard Sauce, Cheeseburger Casserole, Portobello Mushroom Pizza, Golden Rosti, Almond Butter Fudge, Raspberry Cheesecake, Hollandaise, Traditional Caesar Dressing, and more!

I haven’t started a Keto diet, but I’m a little less intimidated that that I’ve read THE COMPLETE
KETOGENIC DIET FOR BEGINNERS.


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click"View web version". Then follow the above directions.

2 comments:

  1. I have since lost another 70 pounds. I was huge and still have a way to go but my diabetes is controlled without medication. I'm a believer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Another 70? Wow! What is your total loss now? I recently found out that I am pre-diabetic. It's time for me to take things a bit more seriously.

      Delete