Thursday, September 6, 2018


What's Cooking?
Fix a cup of tea and see!

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽



Afternoon tea is a celebration of all things delightful and delectable, pretty and feminine. This beautifully illustrated keepsake book features everything that makes the teatime experience special: lovely small sandwiches (like prawn and lime pepper aioli), yummy scones, little tarts, and other treats—like pink velvet cake and ginger powder puffs with orange cream. And every recipe has been triple tested to guarantee your success first time, every time.

MY REVIEW



THE AFTERNOON TEA COLLECTION is the most elegant recipe book I have read. My mouth watered, and my hand itched for the feel of a fine china cup with every turn of the page. 

With stunning color photos of sweet and savory tea time treats on almost every page, I was on heavenly sensory overload from cover to cover. Each new recipe, each image, turned this cookbook into a cherished treasure.

With chapters on Sandwiches, Scones, Friands, Little Tarts, Little Cakes, Big Cakes, Cookies, and Slices, you’ll find recipes for . . . Curried Egg Sandwiches, Salmon and Herbed Cream Cheese Sandwiches, Scones with Whipped Caramel Butter, Orange Blossom Friands, Pistachio and Lime Friands, Custard Fruit Flans, Cherry Blackwell Tarts, Apple Cinnamon Tea Loaves, Jelly Cakes with Berry Cream, Tiramaisu Roulade, Almond Carrot Cake, Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies, Vanilla Bean Thins, Rich Hazelnut Slice, and far too many others to list! You’ll find something for everyone you know, or lots of somethings just for you!

Rather you purchase this book for the recipes, the photos, or to use as a lovely display piece, you cannot go wrong with THE AFTERNOON TEA COLLECTION.


This lovely book was released in 2003, but can still be found online at Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.


If you're interested in any of the recipes I mentioned in my review, featured in the photos, or would like to know what other recipes are included in this book, feel free to ask in the comments section!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page
(on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click,
View web version.
Then follow the above directions.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, Lisa. I’m sure I would enjoy it. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cream tea. I love afternoon tea. The food sounds wonderful!!

    There used to be a Victorian tea house that my friends and I would frequent. We loved going there. Unfortunately it is now closed. I never found a good replacement. The rooms described in my Kay Driscoll series are from that tea house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one I'm going to have to check out.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete