Friday, July 11, 2014


It's
Cozy Food Friday!

That means it's time to share a recipe from 
another great cozy mystery!

Today's recipe comes from the sixth book in Karen MacInerney's Gray Whale Inn Mystery series,
 DEATH RUNS ADRIFT.

John's Shrimp And Pasta Alfredo
(With special thanks to Bethann Eccles)

Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
Pepper to taste


   Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir near-continuously with a whisk until the cream cheese is fully melted. 

   Gradually add milk (any variety--even skim will thicken), a little at a time, continually whisking until smooth.

   Stir in grated Parmesan. Keep it on the heat until the cheese melts fully. This may take a while.

   Add pepper to taste. No additional salt should be needed.

   Remove from heat when the Parmesan is fully melted, and the sauce reaches your desired consistency.

   If your sauce cooks too long and is too thick, it can be thinned with more milk.

   Toss with hot pasta to serve.

Sauteéd Shrimp
3 Tbsp butter, seperated
1 - 2 tsp minced garlic
1 pound uncooked, peeled shrimp


   Melt Butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When melted, add garlic and sauté until soft, but not browned.

   Add shrimp and an additional tablespoon of butter.

   Stir often until shrimp are cooked through.

   Remove from heat and, using tongs, place the shrimp on top of prepared pasta.


Anyone's tummy growling other than mine?

You can find DEATH RUNS ADRIFT by Karen MacInerney at your local bookstore or online at Barnes and Noble in paperback and for Nook or Amazon in paperback and for Kindle.


With her own wedding fast approaching and her mother-in-law dating an unexpected beau, the last thing Natalie Barnes needs is to find a young man shot dead in a dinghy. A note she finds with the body suggests the dearly departed had a secret rendezvous planned with somebody on the island. But when suspicion is cast on a fisherman Natalie believes to be innocent, she begins to wonder if the murder was the result of a lover’s quarrel . . . or a lobsterman’s disagreement gone horribly wrong.

Includes recipes!

Want to appear on my blog?
Take photos making a recipe 
featured on my blog
 and email them to me at
 lisaksbookreview@aol.com 
I will post them on an upcoming 
 Cozy Food Friday!

Learn more about DEATH RUNS ADRIFT below.

Book Beginnings on Fridays is a meme hosted by Rose City Reader

Keeping my theme going my... 
Book Beginnings this week is also from
DEATH RUNS ADRIFT by Karen MacInerney 

"Did you try that bouquet garni I tossed in for you the other day?"

I smiled at the young farmer, who was a recent--and very welcome--addition to Cranberry Island. "We made soup with it," I said, gathering my basket of fresh lettuce, brilliant orange carrots, and red and white French Breakfast radishes that glowed like jewels. "It was fabulous."

"I tossed in some shallots this week." Zeke Forester adjusted his ball cap above his bright blue eyes. "They should be terrific in salad."

"I'm so glad you decided to start a farm here," I said, looking past him at the verdant fields of lettuce and dark green plants he'd told me were potatoes. After years of making do with produce that had traveled farther than any vegetable should, it was a treat to make salads crisp, fresh greens and shortcake with locally grown strawberries. The guests at the Gray Whale Inn had been raving over the food, and I'd recently gotten a terrific write-up in the Portland paper, in part due to Zeke's gorgeous produce.

The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda's Voice

Continuing with the DEATH RUNS ADRIFT theme
My Friday 56

"One of the lobstermen saw him rowing a dinghy back to shore the night it happened, and whoever he tried to run over said he 
saw the boat's name--it was the.........."
Lisa's Note: Sorry, didn't want to spoil anything by giving a name. ;-)


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!
Also, become a Follower of my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.









11 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I will be making it soon! I love cozy food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your excerpts made me hungry...along with those photos! And the 56 piqued my interest in the suspense. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first 2 in this series but never tried the recipes. I need to catch up on this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read this series yet. It sounds really good. And I also want to say that I'm enjoying your food Friday post. That recipe looks delicious! I love seeing yummy pasta dishes that don't require tomatoes since I'm allergic to them.

    Angie Young
    http://thelittlereadingcabin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a delightful series, especially since it includes recipes. LOVE the shrimp pasta recipe in today's post and will definitely try it. Happy Friday!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: WHAT MATTERS MOST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book looks fun and suspenseful, but that recipe made my tummy rumble! I gotta try it!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued! The book beginning with that front cover is clever! I want to know what happens; thanks for sharing! :)

    Sparrow's BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the recipe and the missing boat's name. :) The pasta looks DELISH.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  9. The recipe and the book look so good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in the mood for an outdoor cozy. I need to hurry before Labor Day. The author describes food so beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete