Sunday, July 10, 2022

 

Today is going to be different. 

I want to know about you. 

In the comments tell me 3 things about yourself.

They can be anything, where do you live, what your favorite vacation place is, that you have a second thumb on your right hand . . . anything at all. 

I'll post all of the comments so we can learn more about each other. (Since I will be posting, make they are things you're okay with everyone seeing.) 

I'll start . . . 


1) My parents were very surprised by me. Mom went to the hospital for a hysterectomy. When she woke up they broke the news to her that she was pregnant.

2) Up until almost the time I was born, Mom thought I was going to be twins. Everywhere the doctor listened, he could hear heart beat. I was born in 1966, so the sonagrams people can have now, weren't available then. 

3) I have had many jobs which, not in any order, included, working in a children's indoor play place, a short stint as a barista, managing a bookstore, selling soft pretzels, selling cheese, working in a discount grocery store in a famer's market, a fine gifts and card shop, and my favorite, running an inn with my mom at the beach. 

The town is Rehoboth, here in Delaware, and we lived there 6 months out of the year. Mom made the reservations, spoke to the guests if they needed something and they laundry. I cleaned the rooms, bathrooms, apartments (there were three attached) and the little cottage that was attached. I also helped guests, and folded and put away the laundry (sheet and towels and things). 

This by far was my favorite job. I loved living there so much. We became good friends with returning guests, so it was always like having friends come for the week when they returned. Also, my siblings would come down on the weekends and on their vacations and help with the big cleaning. Guests checked out Saturdays, and every room and unit had to be done. 

My favorite part of it all was having Mom to myself. I know that sounds selfish, but when you have 7 siblings, alone time with Mom meant everything.

So, that's a bit about me. Now let me hear a bit about you! 

2 comments:

  1. Your summers reminded me of spending most of my summers at my grandparents, swimming in the creek and playing outdoors. I was one of six children and going to the grandparents, in the summer, was a break.
    When I was in high school, I worked two summers as a police dispatcher in the small town I grew up in. (I’m sure that wouldn’t be possible, today.)
    I’ve had lots of jobs, too. One of my favorites was bank teller. It was a neighborhood bank and everyone knew everyone, so it was like seeing friends on a daily basis.
    Happy Sunday, Lisa!
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seven siblings, 2 deceased.
    I have 17 tattoos, each tells a story of a moment in my life.
    I was engaged for 15 years before getting married. (Married 7 years now.)

    ReplyDelete