Thursday, August 12, 2021


Today I have a review of
Book 2 in the Shepherd Sisters Mysteries
BEHIND THE FRAME
by Tracy Gardner


When art in the park leads to murder in the dark,
the Shepherd sisters have another crime to solve. 

Savanna Shepherd, an art expert turned elementary art teacher, is planning the Art in the Park festival for her hometown of Carson. But apparently, someone isn’t happy that Carson got to host the event: the beloved statue in the park is destroyed. Not long after, Savanna finds the dead body of one of the people on the planning committee.

Savanna and her sisters are convinced that the arrested murder suspect didn’t do it, despite strong evidence to the contrary. With the help of Dr. Aidan Gallager, Savanna’s new romantic interest, they uncover hidden resentments and intrigue. Several people in Carson had a motive for the murder. Can they find out which one of them is behind the framing of an innocent person?

This intriguing mystery includes a free Hallmark original recipe for Mini Rhubarb Pies.


What happens when cozy mysteries and Hallmark meet? Wonderful, original mysteries from the name that makes me think happy, cozy, (and Christmas) thoughts, Hallmark!

BEHIND THE FRAME
is an original title from
Hallmark Publishing


BEHIND THE FRAME is my first book in the Shephard Sister Mysteries (Technically my second book, but I misplaced book one). I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! Author Tracy Gardner drew me into this quickly drew me into this story and held me tight until the last page.

I loved getting to know the Shephard Sisters. Their relationship reminded me of my relationship with my own dear sisters. Of course, we haven’t investigated a murder together, but given the chance . . .

The mystery element of BEHIND THE FRAME was extremely well done. The twists and turns kept pulling me in. Each time I thought I had things figured out, another twist would throw me off track. Looking back as I write this review, I realize the author gave more clues than I caught while reading. She was so sneaky!

Tracy Gardner is an author to watch. I’m looking forward to see what else she has up her sleeve.

BEHIND THE FRAME was published by Hallmark Publishing as part of their original mystery book series. Fans of their television mysteries, like me, can’t go wrong!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review on "BEHIND THE FRAME" by Tracy Gardner. It had me adding this book to my TBR list and I can't wait to read it.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I have the first book still on my TBR shelf. I’ll have to look into getting book two. I’ll get to read them, eventually.
    Happy Thursday!
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete