Sunday, January 14, 2018


COME HELEN HIGH WATER
Book 4 in the River Road Mysteries
by Susan McBride


Helen Evans returns in Susan McBride’s fourth River Road Mystery!
Spring has sprung, the river is rising, and when Luann Dupree, the head of River Bend’s Historical Society, vanishes into the night, everyone in town is convinced she’s run off with her Internet Romeo. But her lifelong friend, Sarah Biddle, is convinced Luann is the victim of foul play. No one believes her—not even her husband, the local sheriff, so she turns to Helen Evans for help.
As River Bend’s resident puzzle-solver, Helen’s tackled many a local mystery before. So she agrees to help Sarah, even though she’s not so sure herself that Luann is really in trouble. But as the town’s flood waters slowly recede, dead fish and muck aren’t the only things Helen finds. She begins to uncover town secrets, false identities…and the very real chance that Luann might not be discovered alive...
MY REVIEW


COME HELEN HIGH WATER was my first book by author Susan McBride, but the fourth in the River Road Mystery series, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Happily, I didn’t feel lost at all. I quickly got to know to all of the small town characters, flaws, quirks, and all.  

I was pulled in for a ride on an emotional rollercoaster. There were so many things happening in this story. A missing person, murder (?), rising flood waters, and the topic of Alzheimers. So much packed into one tale, that I’m not sure which storyline intrigued me the most.

With so much going on, I wasn’t sure how it would end. I had so many questions. However, author McBride did a great job pulling everything together for a satisfying conclusion.


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the information and review on COME HELEN HIGH WATER. It sounds like a book I'd very much enjoy reading. It would be interesting to see how all the things you mentioned (especially Alzheimer) could be worked into one book successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your review, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete