Friday, April 14, 2017


Cozy Food Friday is one of my favorite blog days.
Today I'm sharing
my very first
COZY FOOD FRIDAY!

Flashback Friday
brings to you...
COZY FOOD FRIDAY
June 6, 2014!



It's
Cozy Food Friday!

That means it's time to share another recipe from 
another great cozy mystery!

Warm weather is here so BBQs and parties are happening 
almost every weekend. And what makes any get together a happy one?
Dessert!

I don't know about you but my favorite dessert is cake. 
Oh, and chocolate. Always good to have chocolate!
With out further ado....

TEXAS SHEET CAKE
  (Michele Masarech's recipe)

1 cup butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
1/2  tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs (slightly beaten)

Preheat oven to 350 degress Fahrenheit. Bring butter, water, and cocoa to boil in saucepan. Remove from heat.

Add remaining ingredients, mixing after each addition. 

Pour batter into greased and floured 12 1/2" x 17 1/2" x 1" baking pan.

Bake 22 to 27 minutes.

FROSTING
(spread on hot cake)

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/2 to 1 cup ground nuts

In saucepan, bring butter, milk and cocoa to boil.
      Add confectioners' sugar, adding more if needed
to make it of spreading consistency.
      Spread frosting on hot cake.
      Sprinkle with ground nuts.

Lisa's Note: My sister had a good friend (we miss you Joann) who made an amazing Texas Sheet Cake. She mixed the ground nuts into the frosting instead of sprinkling them on top giving the cake more of an appearance like in the photo below.

You can find Michele's Texas Sheet Cake
 and other great recipes in
A SECOND HELPING OF MURDER
by Christine Wenger
Book two in her Comfort Food Mystery series.


Trixie Matkowski is warming up to running her family’s diner in the small town of Sandy Harbor in upstate New York. But the only thing more demanding than serving up piping-hot comfort food twenty-four hours a day is getting to the bottom of a double homicide....

Trixie fondly remembers summers as a child spent visiting the shores of Lake Ontario. Not much has changed—there are still vinyl booths at the Silver Bullet Diner, families eating home-cooked comfort food, and days of swimming in the lake.
But before Trixie can say “Order’s up,” someone’s summer is abruptly cut short. One of the cottage residents is found dead, and Trixie suspects the crime might be linked to an unsolved disappearance in the picturesque town’s past.
As Trixie works with Deputy Ty Brisco to solve both mysteries, their shocking discoveries will shake up the small town. And when word gets out that she’s on the case, Trixie’s in trouble—after all, the murderer won’t spare her life just because she makes a killer corned beef sandwich....
Want to appear on my blog?
Take photos making a recipe 
featured on my blog
 and email them to me at
 lisaksbookreview@aol.com 
I will post them on an upcoming 
Cozy Food Friday!

As always, please leave a comment 
and let me know what you think!

Also, become a Follower of 
my blog by clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

*********************************************************************


The Friday 56 is a meme hosted by Freda's Voice

My Friday 56 this week will be 
will also be from
A SECOND HELPING OF MURDER
by Christine Wenger

I peeked out the pass-through window. The cops were seated in groups of four to twelve. Tables were moved around and the noise level was high. After the gruesome scene that they'd witnessed, and all the caffeine they'd consumed, they seemed ready to let loose.


📕📖📗📚📘📖📙

Wow!
It was so fun to see the things I have changed, and the things I have kept the same. 
I hope you enjoyed this special 
Flashback Friday Cozy Food Friday!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. I'd love to have that yummy cake. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate cake is my favorite dessert also. Great first
    Cozy Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texas Sheet Cake looks like Brownies and I love Brownies... lol
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sheet cake looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being from Texas, I grew up with Texas Sheet Cake. Here is a yummy variation - substitute the water with Dr. Pepper - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the book and cake sound good. This week I am featuring One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun cozy! Love the cake recipe too.
    My Friday post features Still Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a dun trip down Memory Lane. I love chocolate cake and I love moist cakes so tend to make a lot of them as Bundt cakes and then I put on about two po9unds of mocha butter frosting. Yummy if you like chocolate and coffee flavor. I am putting Tonya's book on my wish list too. Thanks for the flaskback, Lisa.

    Cynthia B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love that minus the walnuts! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. This series looks right up my alley. Here is my Friady 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/friday-56-30/

    ReplyDelete