Monday, June 26, 2017


Welcome to week two of the
THREE AMIGOS SUMMER READING CLUB
with Bloggers Mary Brown, Karen M. Owen, and yours truly!

Every Monday from now through August 28,
Mary, Karen, and I
will recommend some of our favorite cozy mystery titles in eleven (11) different categories!

Today our theme picks are 
Destination Cozies!

We'll recommend 3 books that take your favorite cozy characters out of their home towns and to another destination.
My pick for a great cozy mystery 
destination themed book is

TAKEN IN
#9 in the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries
by Elizabeth Lynn Casey


In TAKEN IN, my favorite group of ladies from the Sweet Briar Ladies Society Sewing Circle leave their home of Sweet Briar, South Carolina, and take off for a trip to the Big Apple, New York City!

When a trip to the Big Apple ends in murder, the sewing circle searches for a killer who’s rotten to the core. . .


Winning an appearance on a top-rated, New York based morning show means the trip of a lifetime for librarian Tori Sinclair and the Sweet Briar Ladies Society Sewing Circle. Anxious to experience Manhattan with her friends, Tori is less than excited when fellow member Dixie Dunn opts to use the vacation as an opportunity to rendezvous with a man she met online.
Still, Tori never imagined her friend would be taken in by a con man specializing in scamming vulnerable older women—or that Dixie would be arrested for his murder.
Now, as the sewing circle goes up against Gotham’s elite to prove Dixie’s innocence, they will have to unravel tangled secrets and alibis, patch together a mess of clues, and put a clever killer in the city’s hottest spotlight . . .

PATTERN AND SEWING TIPS INCLUDED 


Click the Goodreads link below for my review of
TAKEN IN


You can get your copy of TAKEN IN, and the rest of the Southern Sewing Circle Mysteries by Elizabeth Lynn Casey by clicking the link below.


I just know you're going to love my
Destination pick.

For two more great Destination Cozy books
head over to 

Mary Brown's blog





and

Karen M. Owen's Blog


While you're at their blogs, make sure to go to Mary's, and Karen's comments, and tell them hi from me!


Make sure to check back next Monday for suggestions on a new cozy mystery theme!


Keep all of our great titles in mind for
Buy A Friend A Book Day on August 29!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

5 comments:

  1. Taken In sounds fun! I am getting ready to read the first one in that series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! Happy Monday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second week and I love your pick! Did you know I have not read this series? Thank you for this selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying this series and can't wait to I can read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this series so far, I've only just finished book 2. This one sounds so fun with those ladies all going to NYC. I can just hear Leona now LOL!

    ReplyDelete