Saturday, March 13, 2021

 


It's
Cozy Food Friday Saturday!

That means it's time to share a recipe from 
another great a cozy mystery blogger! 😉

This week's recipe is from

Me! 

I've had so much fun sharing recipes, I wanted to share another.

Summer is just around the corner. 

What drink to you think of when warm weather arrives?

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

LISA Ks NOT SO SOUTHERN SWEET TEA


This is the easiest tea to make!

Ingredients

water
8 tea bags, standard sized. I use Lipton black tea)
1¾ cups of sugar


Directions

   Fill a 12 cup coffee maker with water (mine if a Mr. Coffee). Pour water in the maker until you reach 12 cups.

   Take the tag and string off of 8 tea bags (I use Lipton black tea), and place them in the glass carafe. Turn machine on and let it do it's work.

   In the pitcher your using (1 gallon) dump in sugar. 

   When the coffee maker is done, pour the carafe of tea over the sugar. Depending on how strong you like your tea, you can use the hot tea, or let it cool and brew a bit longer, then add to pitcher. 

   Finish filling the gallon pitcher with water. 

   Stir and serve over ice.

   You can add lemon or peach. I like mine without.


This is a simple recipe, but tastes so good!

Of course, you can boil the water in a pot, or even use the Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker. But I've had the coffee maker for so long, and never drink coffee, so this makes it the best way for me. 

Funny story. My younger sister, Tammie, will not drink the tea because she knows it comes out of a coffee maker. Makes no difference that coffee was never made in it. LOL

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. I’m looking forward to warmer weather and ice tea.
    Happy Saturday!
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the coffee maker! Although we do live in the south, our tea isn't sweetened (at least not with sugar). Hubby is a pure no sugar guy and I can't tolerate the sugar so it's sweetener for me. However, now I have a better recipe to make for when we have company.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete