Wednesday, February 3, 2016


ANTIQUES & AVARICE 
Book 1 in the White Mountains Romantic Mysteries
by Jane Firebaugh 


Olivia McKenna is a young woman with a passion for antiques and a penchant for mystery. 

Owning her own little antique finding business is just enough to keep her and her Golden Retriever, Molly fed, housed and happy.
 
While shopping for antiques in a quaint little store, she discovers a body and becomes embroiled in a murder investigation, soon finding herself the victim of a stalker. 

The investigation is being handled by a handsome State Police Detective named Josh Abrams. Josh and Olivia feel an immediate connection and attraction.
 

Can she and Josh discover who is after her before they wind up in more trouble than they can handle?

MY REVIEW 


This debut novel by author Jane Firebaugh is a wonderful start to what I hope will be a long journey.

My first thought after reading only a few pages of ANTIQUES & AVARICE was . . . I’m really going to like this book. I was wrong. I loved it!

I immensely enjoyed all of the characters in this rom-cozy (romantic cozy). Protagonist Olivia McKenna is a refreshing delight. She’s someone I can see having a friendship with. I really want to go antique shopping with her. And she’s an animal lover!

A fun escape as well as a great mystery, ANTIQUES & AVARICE was a great read. Ms. Firebaugh has a simple, fluid style of writing. There were no long, drawn out scenes just to add to the word count. Every sentence moved the story along at a pleasing pace, making it very hard to put the book down. Okay, I didn’t put the book down. Once I started reading it I couldn’t stop until I was finished.

I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of the White Mountain Romantic Mysteries, as well as other future offerings from this author!

AVAILABLE NOW! 

As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Lisa! I look forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda. Jane did a really good job for her first book. I'm looking forward to the next one. And Of course, I'm looking forward to getting my grubby little hands on your next one!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. This sounds interesting. Happy Wednesday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I don't always reply on my blog (Bad Lisa), but I want to thank you for visiting every day. You always make me smile. :-)

      Delete
    2. Wouldn't miss it. I've found some wonderful books/authors because of you.

      Delete
  3. Antique lover, check. Dog lover, check. Romance! Hold on is this something new, yes, we get flirts but never romance and the fact you recommend it and couldn't put it down, well, you know I'm going to pick it up. Thanks Lisa - you haven't steered me wrong yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa. I'm absolutely thrilled that you liked it so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It sounds like another good one to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete