Saturday, February 20, 2016


A MUDDIED MURDER
Book one in the Greenhouse Mysteries 
by Wendy Tyson


 When Megan Sawyer gives up her big-city law career to care for her grandmother and run the family’s organic farm and café, she expects to find peace and tranquility in her scenic hometown of Winsome, Pennsylvania. Instead, her goat goes missing, rain muddies her fields, the town denies her business permits, and her family’s Colonial-era farm sucks up the remains of her savings. Just when she thinks she’s reached the bottom of the rain barrel, Megan and the town’s hunky veterinarian discover the local zoning commissioner’s battered body in her barn. Now Megan is thrust into the middle of a murder investigation—and she’s the chief suspect. Can Megan dig through small-town secrets, local politics, and old grievances in time to find a killer before that killer strikes again?

MY REVIEW


A fabulous start to what I hope will be a long running series!

This first book in the Greenhouse Mysteries by author Wendy Tyson had everything I look for in a great mystery. A perfect setting, an interesting profession for the protagonist, and characters I would love to know in real life.

By the end of chapter one of A MUDDIED MURDER I was besotted with character Megan Sawyer, an attorney turned farmer/café owner, her grandmother Bibi, and local vet Dr. Finn. As I read more of the story I was laughing hysterically thanks to Megan’s store manager Clover Hand, and her boyfriend Police Chief Bob King.

Quick witted and intelligent writing drew me into this book from the beginning, and held me captive through the thrilling reveal, and delightful ending. Wonderful storytelling at its best.

Wendy Tyson has a sure bet of a hit series on her hands. I’m looking forward to book two, BITTER HARVEST. Come on 2017!

Available March 29!
Pre-order today!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. Sounds like a great book and I love the cover. Happy Saturday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am especially glad to see that there is a good amount of humor. I know the mystery will be good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, too! So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete