Wednesday, April 10, 2019


DESIGNS ON MURDER
Book 1 in the Ghostly Fashionista Mysteries
by author
Gayle Leeson


What if you discovered your lively new friend wasn't really...alive?

Amanda Tucker is excited about opening her fashion design studio in Shops On Main, a charming old building in historic Abingdon, Virginia. She didn't realize a ghost came with the property! But soon Maxine "Max" Englebright, a young woman who died in 1930, isn't the only dead person at the retail complex. Mark Tinsley, a web designer with a know-it-all attitude who also rented space at Shops On Main, is shot in his office.

Amanda is afraid that one of her new "friends" and fellow small business owners is his killer, and Max is encouraging her to solve Mark's murder a la Nancy Drew. Easy for Max to want to investigate--the ghostly fashionista can't end up the killer's next victim!

MY REVIEW


You could tell author Gayle Leeson had the spirt while she was writing this book, and that spirit was Max!

DESIGNS ON MURDER starts right off with very likeable characters. Protagonist Amanda Tucker is a young, bright woman with a passion for fashion designing. Her Grandpa Dave is a hoot, and he’s real supporter of his granddaughter. Then there resident spirit Max. Fun and sassy, every scene with her is simply entertaining! Ghost cozies aren’t normally my go to reads, with the exception of a few authors, but if they were all like Max, I’d be searching them out!

This book had it all. Wonderful writing. A first class mystery. Humor, excitement, murder and mayhem. I never knew from page to page what to expect. I was clueless as to whodunit and why, all the way to surprising the reveal. Kudos, Ms. Leeson.

I was sold on DESIGNS ON MURDER because of the author. I’m a fan of all of Gayle Leeson’s series. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it and I’m thrilled that I finally did!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page
(on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version".
Then follow the above directions.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Thanks, Lisa. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, isn't Designs on Murder a marvelous book? When you say it had it all you are so right. It just flowed from beginning to end. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Grandma! I'm so happy you enjoyed it too. I'm really looking forward to the next in the series!

      Delete
  3. Oh this sounds like an exciting read. Thanks for sharing today.
    quilting dash lady at cocmast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I've been at a book event and just now found it. Thank you, Pat, for your encouragement; and a big hug to Grandma Cootie for the endorsement. 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your review on "DESIGNS ON MURDER"! I love Gayle's books as well and can't wait for the opportunity to read this one.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete