Have you ever wondered what your favorite authors are doing when they aren't writing those wonderful cozy mysteries that we love so much?
Do they have other jobs, hobbies, hidden talents?
Now you can find out!
Stop by the blog on Thursdays for delightful guest posts from our amazing authors!
They're going to be sharing all sorts of things that they do when they're not writing.
Today's special guest author is
Linda O. Johnston
Linda is the author of the wonderful
Barkery & Biscuits, Superstition, Pet Rescue, and Kendra Ballantyne Pet-Sitter mysteries.
So, what does Linda do when she's not writing?
When I'm Not Writing....
My Expanding Cavalier Collection
- Linda O. Johnston
I have been in love with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels since I saw my first one on the Underground on my first trip to
Since then, I have had many Cavaliers in my life. I cherish them--and wish they would live forever.
What lasts longer than they do, though, is my expanding collection of Cavalier memorabilia. I've listed some of the stuff below.
When I got my first Cavalier, the breed was rare in the
United States, and now it's
popular, so it's a lot easier to find new things. I almost always acquire anything new I see
that's Cavalier--which drives my husband nuts!
I've never thought before about compiling a list of my Cavalier items, not till I communicated with Lisa about this post--and now I keep finding more things to add.
And in case you're a dog lover and also love a particular breed, whether or not it's a Cavalier, I'm sure you can start a collection of your own!
The Kinds of Things You Can Collect--Like I Do!
Here is a list of some of the items I've picked up over the years of my being owned by Cavaliers. I acquire nearly all the kinds I can, but I'm sure there are lots more. And every one of them has pictures or drawings of Cavaliers on them!
- Art Work - including a piece I picked up in
- Books: Of course I'm a book lover, and I collect almost all the books devoted to Cavaliers that I can find. Then there are my own books. I wrote a time travel romance ONCE A CAVALIER featuring Cavaliers, and a Cavalier very much resembling my Lexie was in all nine of my Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter mysteries.
- Calendars: Every year, the wall calendar I keep in my kitchen has a year's worth of monthly Cavalier photos on them.
- Eyeglass Case: I've got a really pretty woven one.
- Figurines: I have several small ones.
- Folders: Since I'm always printing stuff I want to save I actually use some of those folders.
- Magnetic notepads: They're notepads attached to magnets that I sometimes put on my refrigerator.
- Magnets: These usually small representations of Cavaliers can also attach things to my fridge.
- Mugs: Since I drink a lot of coffee, these come in handy.
- Notepads: Those not attached to magnets and aren't spiral notebooks are available, too.
- Plaques: I've got several of these with decorative strings at the top that I often hook onto bookcases. They generally say sweet things about Cavaliers, such as "A house is not a home without a Cavalier," and "Love is being owned by a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel."
- Spiral Notebooks: These come in several different sizes and often many different Cavalier representations. As with the folders, I use them too.
- Sticky notes: These I tend to save without using, but they're adorable.
- Stuffed Animals: I keep my collection of Cavaliers easily visible.
- Tee shirts and work shirts: I own several of each and wear them whenever appropriate, especially when I want to show off my love of Cavaliers!
- Throw pillows: I have a couple that help to decorate a sofa.
Here are links to examples of some of the items:
1 of many breed books
One of several:
A House is not a home w/o a Cavalier
Love is being owned by a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
1 of many:
Here is one of half a dozen:
I have 2 and this isn't either of them but it's cute:
T-shirts & Work Shirts
Example T-shirt (not one I have)
Check out the following link for tons of Cavalier items that are avazilable!
I want to thank Linda O. Johnston for sharing her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel collection with us.
I bet it is amazing in person!
You can thank Linda by reading and reviewing her books!
Barkery & Biscuits Mysteries