Thursday, August 21, 2014

It's
THROWBACK THURSDAY!
Ready to learn about a new old series?

Today I am featuring a new old series to me that isn't too old at all. 
I wanted to feature one you could still buy new in 
paperback and not just eBook. 

So today I am featuring author Leann Sweeney, author of the popular Cats In Trouble Mystery series. 

Before the Cats series, Leann wrote the
Yellow Rose Mystery series.

This series ran from 2004 - 2008
It contains 5 books.  

Out of school, out of work, and out of motivation, Abby Rose is contemplating her life and wondering what to do next. It's the kind of situation that would get some girls down, but luckily Abby's got a heart the size of Texas-and a bank account to match. But when she discovers the gardener dead in her greenhouse, Abby realizes what she needs to do with herself: she needs to solve a murder...

From the author of Pick Your Poison comes a crazy case of matrimonial murder and a broken-hearted bride-to-be when a family guest gets hit over the head with a gift. The bad reception only gets deadlier for Houston PI Abby Rose, enlisted to resolve the wedding fiasco.

She's a Texas heiress and a brand-new P.I. specializing in adoption cases. But Abby Rose focuses more on what money can't buy-like answers in a case of a baby abandoned years ago and a present-day murder.

The thought of working with a hot-shot producer and her TV crew is about as appealing to Abby as sticking her hand in a bucket of leeches. But "Reality Check" is a program that claims to turn American dreams into the real thing, and Abby figures that if anyone deserves that kind of bonanza, it's Emma Lopez, who has been raising her three younger siblings since her mother disappeared. Abby is determined to help Emma realize her dream of a reunion-even when it becomes clear that someone out there doesn't believe in happy endings.

When asked to help identify a young woman who may not survive an attempted murder, Abby discovers a possible connection between the girl and a prominent Houston family-the questions about her past are getting stickier than pecan pie. Abby's about to learn the hard way that when she crawls out on a limb, she'd better be certain there's not someone behind her with a saw and a mean spirit...

These titles are all available in paperback and Ebook.
 at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.  

Remember to check back every Thursday 
for more great Throwback cozy titles!

Want to Follow my blog? 
Go to the top right corner of my page 
and click to follow!

And please, leave a comment. 
I always love hearing what you have to say!

???????????????????????????????????????

Answer to Whodunit Wednesday



THE CRYSTAL VANISHES - Solution



   "The crystal didn't abandon you," Sherman said. "It's just playing a little joke." He had to handle this delicately. The last thing he wanted was to put an end to these weekly event's something that would surely happen if one of his spirit-loving friends were exposed as a thief. 

   "If memory serves, Luther freshened our coffee just a few minutes ago. And yet the coffee carafe still seems to be full." Sherman carried the glass carafe into the kitchen and carefully emptied the contents into the sink. Sitting there at the bottom of the carafe was the crystal ball. "You see? It dematerialized from the box and rematerialized here." 

   Agatha and Grimelda laughed with relief. So did Luther, although Sherman caught his eye and gave him a serious, warning glance, letting Luther know that he knew the truth. While clearing the table, Luthor had sneaked the crystal out of the box and into the carafe. As the host, he could have easily recovered it after the others left. 

I did not see that one coming! 
How did you do?

Check back next Wednesday for another exciting case!



  

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series. You had me with the first line "Out of school, out of work, and out of motivation, Abby Rose is contemplating her life and wondering what to do next." Leann is such a fabulous writer, thanks for giving us a heads-up on one of her earlier series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring this series, Lisa! I miss these characters and when I am healthy enough with plenty of energy, Abby Rose has more cases to solve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a LOT of catching up to do, reading Leann's books! By the way, I read yesterday's whodunit over and over before I zeroed in on the FULL coffeepot comment and knew it had to be Luther. That was a hard one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for spotlighting this series. I love Leann's books so these will definitely be on my TBR.

    And I really enjoy the Whodunit Wednesdays and love to ponder them whether I enter a comment or not. Last week I was so confused and couldn't even begin to figure that one out, so I am happy today to see that my problem-solving ability is still there. Even though I didn't enter yesterday I did figure out it was Luther!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this series.

    Sasha R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have read all but the last book in this particular series so will definitely order it next. I like paperback books a lot; e-books have a place too but not everyone has an e-reader or can be linked to a device all the time so a paperback works out well for many, including me. Thank you for reminding me about Leanne's series and I do hope that healthy times are ahead. I too wish for that and will say an extra prayer for her/you-Leann.

    Sincerely,
    Cynthia B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. my thoughts are with you, too. This chronic stuff just sucks the energy right out of you! At least I can do one book a year! :-)

      Delete
  7. Read Yellow Rose Mystery series before the cat troubles one. So love all of them!
    Yellow rose because I too live in Texas & the made me smile and laugh during a rough patch in my life. Thank you, Leann! And, Lisa, thanks for highlighting series.

    ReplyDelete