Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's
THROWBACK THURSDAY!
Ready to learn about a new old series?

Today I am featuring a new old series to me by 
an author I'm sure you've all heard of, 

Kylie Logan.
Kylie is the author of the Button Box Mysteries, The Chili Cook-Off Mysteries, the League Of Literary Ladies Mysteries, and the not yet released 
Ethnic Eats Mystery series.

She also writes the Pepper Martin Mystery series under the pen name Casey Daniels. 

But today I'm featuring her series authored as Miranda Bliss, 
the Cooking Class Mysteries.

This series contains 5 books.

Annie and Eve are life-long best friends who have absolutely nothing in common-except a lack of skill in the kitchen. So when they sign up for a cooking class at the local gourmet shop, they figure the only things at risk are a few innocent fruits and vegetables. But on the first night, Annie and Eve see their fellow student Beyla arguing with a man-a man who later turns up dead in the parking lot. Now the friends feel bound to uncover whatever secrets she's hiding, before someone else's goose-perhaps one of their own-gets cooked.

Annie, Eve, and their former cooking teacher are in the trenches, trying to keep a new restaurant, Bellywasher's, from going belly up.
Everything's simmering along just fine until Annie and Eve find their friend Sarah, staffer to a powerful congressman, lying dead in her tub. The cops want to write it off as a suicide, but the facts just don't add up. Then, after a series of suspicious "accidents," Annie and Eve realize that this kitchen fire isn't about to put itself out.

Cooking class is back in session for best friends-and sometime sleuths-Annie and Eve. But this time, Annie finds herself on the teacher's side of the cutting board, helping out during a bar food cooking class at D.C.'s latest hotspot, Bellywasher's. And her best friend, Eve, is in more hot water than ever-as the prime suspect in a student's murder.

When Annie leaves the safety of her old bank job to become the full-time manager of her boyfriend’s restaurant, what’s meant to be the first day of the rest of her life might be the last day of someone else’s. 

Annie Capshaw has found that the way to a man's heart is through his cooking class. But just as she and her best friend, Eve, are planning Annie's big day with Jim, her former cooking instructor turned boss, murder takes the cake. Make that the wedding cake... 

These titles are not available in paperback. Check you local and online used booksellers.

 All titles are available on Nook and Kindle.  

This one sounds like a lot of fun!
Have you read it?

Remember to check back every Thursday 
for more great Throwback cozy titles!

Want to Follow my blog? 
Go to the top right corner of my page 
and click to follow!

And please, leave a comment. 
I always love hearing what you have to say!

???????????????????????????????????????

Answer to Whodunit Wednesday


THE UNSAFE SAFE HOUSE - Solution

   "The name is Sherman Holmes, private investigator." He took a deep breath, then turned to the rookie. "Please arrest Captain Loeb."

   "What?" Loeb was instantly furious. "That's garbage. I'll have your P.I. license revoked so fast..."

   For once Sherman was glad he didn't have a license. "Ask the captain how he could have arrived without a coat and yet was planning to leave with one. And don't let him say it's not his coat. His notepad was in the pocket."

   The rookie's hand shook as he pulled his service revolver. "Are you sure, mister?"

   "I am," Sherman replied. "I've been staring at that bloody trench coat for an hour. Frankie would naturally open the door to the captain in charge of his case. Loeb took off his coat, made himself comfortable, then strangled Frankie with his belt. It was only after leaving the house, with the front door locked behind him, that the captain realized he'd left his coat inside." 

LOL. I was so wrong on this one! 
How did you do?

Check back next Wednesday for another exciting case!















12 comments:

  1. I was close on the Whodunit, I said the rookie cop. That was fun, I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Diana, you got one of the harder ones. There were only three who got it right!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Check out Cozy Food Friday tomorrow. I'm featuring a lovely lady by the name of Kate Collins. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for more books for my TBR - and hooray for Nook and Kindle. I remember searching used bookstores (most of which aren't around any more) for some of the early gems.

    Great whodunit - I was totally wrong ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this was Kylie Logan. I actually have the first book in paperback! I will have to hunt for the others. Thanks Lisa, I love throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I'm happy you learned something new! And I'm very happy you love Throwback Thursday! I have a lot of fun with it! :-)

      Delete
  6. I have read several books from the Cooking Class Mystery series, and really enjoyed all of them! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, great! I haven't read them yet myself, but I really want to.

      Delete