Wednesday, August 25, 2021


My favorite time of year is fast approaching.
Autumn! (Okay, tied with winter)

With this time of year, the sights, sounds and smells all around us change. 


One of the biggest changes that come with fall is the food. Suddenly pumpkins are in everything.





That's just the snack foods, and the pictures don't cover half of them!
Our choice in meals change along with the cooler temperatures as well.




My favorite winter comfort food was 
Chipped (Dried) Beef Gravy on Toast. 
I requested it every year for my birthday. Mom made the very best, and Daddy the second best!


I say it "was" my favorite because I haven't had it home made since my parents passed over 16 years ago.  I may have to break down and by the pre-packaged, which surprisingly is quite good. 


What about you?
Do you have a favorite fall food? Drink?
Are you excited for autumn to arrive? 

As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions.

4 comments:

  1. I love fall, too. I’m surprised people don’t get overwhelmed with all the things pumpkin is in! I like pumpkin but not in everything! :)
    I remember going to visit my Mom, when I was pregnant with my daughter. She made me fried apples, the best I’ve ever tasted.
    Happy Wednesday, Lisa!
    Pat T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post....Yeah to anything FALL!! BRING IT ON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall to me always meant spiced apple cider and Mom's homemade vegetable soup. The cider I can still enjoy, but I've never mastered the taste of Mom's soup. It was one of those that just got better with time and you looked forward to leftovers.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for Autumn to arrive. I love the cooler temps and pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. I love hot herbal teas curled up with a wonderful book or sewing. I love this time of canning and cleaning up the yard for next year. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete