Wednesday, June 20, 2018

SPOTLIGHT ON


GIRL WITH A GUN
Book 1 in the Annie Oakley Mysteries
by Kari Bovée

The real Annie Oakley


Fifteen-year-old Annie Oakley is the sole supporter of her widowed mother and two siblings. An expert markswoman and independent spirit, she hunts game to sell to the local mercantile to make ends meet instead of accepting a marriage proposal that could solve all her problems. After a stunning performance in a shooting contest, Annie is offered a position in the renowned Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show. Finally, she has a chance to save the nearly foreclosed family farm and make her dreams come true. But then her Indian assistant is found dead in her tent. And to make matters worse, her prized horse, Buck, a major part of her act, is stolen. Annie soon discovers that the solution to her problems lies buried in a padlocked Civil War trunk belonging to the show’s manager, Derence LeFleur. And so, with the help of a sassy, blue-blooded reporter, Annie sets out to find her horse, solve the murders, and clear her name.

History meets mystery in
GIRL WITH A GUN

Available now!



I love to write about empowered women in history, horses, unconventional characters, and real-life historical events. My enthusiasm for these subjects gives my life purpose and meaning, and I am dedicated to putting these passions on paper and online to share with the world. I make it a point to continue to learn and hone my craft to provide readers the joy of an escape from their everyday lives into a mystery from the past.
I love taking the spark of an idea and growing it into a full-length book of mystery and intrigue, usually in a historical setting. The spark often comes from something or someone in history that moves me or makes me think about how people in the past might have thought about or reacted to a mystery in their life.
I’ve written stories for as long as I can remember.  I still have a note my third-grade teacher wrote to my mother telling her, “Kari loves writing stories in class.” That love of telling a story only grew stronger as I grew older.

My husband, Kevin, and I live in the beautiful Land of Enchantment, New Mexico. We own a beautiful horse property nestled along the Rio Grande where we live with our cat, four dogs, and four horses. Our two children are our greatest achievements, and I am proud to say they live happy, productive lives as entrepreneurs and professionals.


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

1 comment: