Thursday, February 1, 2018


WHAT'S COOKING?

Food on ice!

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

36 MAKE AHEAD MEALS
EASY FREEZER RECIPES
Breakfast : Lunch : Dinner
Illustrated Complete Freezing Guide


This is a freezer recipe book packed with delicious make ahead meal ideas. It is also a complete guide to freezing foods. The freezer recipes will have you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner with a few snacks and smoothies included too. Each recipe is accompanied by a picture so you can see what the finished recipe will look like. Measurements are in both imperial and metric so the book is user friendly, no matter where you live in the world! I have also included charts and links to guidelines giving more information on freezer cooking, freezer organization and freezer thawing.

Make ahead meals can give us more precious time, they can save us money when we buy in bulk, and there isn't cooking and clean up at each meal time! You get more time to spend with your family or do the things you want to do.

There are many ways to preserve food, freezing is just one of them. You can freeze individual foods or make ahead meals including pastries, soups and stews. Unexpected guests arriving on the door step can be stressful...not if you have some freezer recipes handy in the fridge. Life in the kitchen can be made a whole lot easier when you plan ahead. Cooking larger quantities of foods at once then freezing into smaller quantities and portions has many benefits. It's especially helpful if you have young children, are a shift worker or live on your own.

It's wonderful getting home after a busy day and having a meal already prepared and ready to go. Instead of cooking every night, you can choose to cook double or triple every second or third night. Your kitchen will be a whole lot cleaner too! There will be far less mess and fewer dishes. If you think smart and think ahead, you can be putting up your feet more often.

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

MY REVIEW


36 MAKE AHEAD MEALS is a great book for anyone who likes to get all of their cooking for the week done in one day. It’s also perfect for making plan ahead meals to take to parties, give to a neighbors, or send home with a family members.

With chapters like, Tips for Freezing Foods, Foods That Don’t Freeze Well, How to Thaw Foods Correctly, and many more helpful chapters in between, I now feel like I know everything I need to know about freezing wonderful meals.

36 MAKE AHEAD MEALS is also filled with many fantastic recipes perfect for freezing. Apple Puree Pancakes, Gluten Free Healthy Granola, Easy Pizza, Lentil Soup with Lemon Cream, Salmon & Zucchini Patties, Easy Salsa Chicken, Potstickers, Vegetarian Tortelli, Hearty Hungarian Goulash, Banana Bender Muffins, just to name a few!

 I found a nice pro and a con in this book. Pro: Measurements are in both imperial and metric, making the book reader friendly no matter where you live. Con: There are color photos so you can see what the finished dish looks like. However, this book is made for Kindle. The photos are so small you have to zoom in to get a decent view of them, which makes the recipe disappear from the page.

Other than my one con, which won’t be a big deal to everyone, I found 36 MAKE AHEAD MEALS: EASY FREEZER RECIPES, to be an informative book that I will use over and over. Author Peggy Anner has many other helpful books such as this one, and I will be checking them out.

Note: I was lucky enough to get book when it was featured for free. It is free to those with Amazon Unlimited, but at the time of this posting, the cost was only $2.99 which is well worth the price.


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa! Happy Thursday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday! Happy February! I know a number of people who cook on weekends for the entire week. This would be a great cookbook suggestion for them. Thank you, Lisa.

    P.S. I'll let you know how the spaghetti, broccoli, and red pepper recipe that you recently posted turns out. We are shopping for the ingredients tomorrow and make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan. I get in cooking moods. So this would be great to do. That way when I'm not in a cooking mood, all I have to do is thaw!

      Yes, please do. I'm looking forward to hearing what your think!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for bringing this book to our attention, Lisa. It's perfect for my daughter, who needs to cook ahead for herself and also needs gluten-free recipes. Since it's so cheap I'm going to get a copy too :-) Please let me know any recipes you'd recommend. They all sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne. Thanks for stopping by! I was excited when I saw this book. As I said, it was free at the time I got it. She has all sorts of cookbooks that look great!

      I haven't tried any yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  4. I love make ahead meals. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary! AS I told Susan above, I get into cooking moods. Then there are nights when I just don't even want to think about it. This would be great for me to do. Also, my sister Tammie can't cook. So, she could just grab something out of the freezer and heat it up.

      Delete