Friday, September 29, 2017

Foodie Friday Take Over! A Cookbook You Will Love and A Gift You Can Give!

Surprise! Karen here and I am so excited with a new cook book I ordered I had to share with you all.
Lisa knows my favorite things are Toast and Jam and guess what someone put out a cookbook called just that!
This is a book by Sarah Owens (No relation) and it came out August 15th! It is filled with some amazing recipes for not just breads and jams but amazing scones, chutneys, pickles and so much more!

I reviewed Toast and Jam back in the spring and I loved it so much in digital that I bought it in hardcover. If you can put it on bread, in a sandwich it is in this book, so gourmet! The Peach and Tea  Preserves are mouth watering and I loved the egg salad recipe too! I have always wanted to make bread from scratch and how about sourdough from thin air! This book is so inspiring and would make the perfect holiday gift for the cookbook lover in your life!


You have to check this book out there are pages and pages of  out of this world amazing recipes and new flavors to try!
Rustic breads, scones, and biscuits paired with fruit-jams, jellies, nut butters, savory spreads, pickles, and more--from the James Beard award-winning author of Sourdough.Bread and butter, toast and jam, scones and clotted cream—baked goods have a long tradition of being paired with spreads to make their flavors and textures sing. As a baker with a passion for plants, Sarah Owens, author of the James Beard award–winning Sourdough, takes these simple pairings in fresh new directions. Spread some Strawberry & Meyer Lemon Preserveson a piece of Buckwheat Milk Bread for a special springtime treat. Top a slice of Pain de Mie with Watermelon Jelly for a bright taste of summer. Lather some Gingered Sweet Potato Butter on a piece of Spiced Carrot Levain for a warming fall breakfast. Make a batch of Dipping Chips to serve with Preserved Lemon and Fava Bean Hummus for an inspired snack. Wow brunch guests with a spread of Sourdough Whole-Grain Bagels, Lemony Herb Chèvre, and Beet-Cured Gravlax. The recipes here offer a thoroughly fresh sensibility for the comfort found in a simple slice of toast spread with jam.


This one is for sale now and in stores! Check it out, pick it up and wrap and ready to go for the holidays!
Thanks Lisa for letting me takeover today to share about this amazing cookbook our Foodie Friday Fans I hope will love as much as I do!
When you are done here I would love to have you check out my Fancy Friday Finds post over at www.acupofteaandacozymystery.com 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Happy weekend Karen and Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Lisa and Karen. Great post.

    ReplyDelete