Tuesday, January 12, 2016


HIGH STRUNG by Janice Peacock
A BEAD IN THE HAND by Janice Peacock

HIGH STRUNG 
Book 1 in the Glass Bead Mysteries 
by Janice Peacock 


After inheriting a house in Seattle, Jax O'Connell is living the life of her dreams as a glass beadmaker and jewelry designer. When she gets an offer to display her work during a bead shop’s opening festivities, it's an opportunity Jax can't resist—even though Rosie Perez, the store's owner, is the surliest person Jax has ever met. 

The weekend’s events become a tangled mess when a young beadmaker is found dead nearby and several oddball bead enthusiasts are suspects. Jax must string together the clues to clear her friend Tessa's name—and do it before the killer strikes again.

MY REVIEW


HIGH STRUNG is a fun, fast mystery that I couldn’t put down!

I really like books where I am not only entertained, but where I can learn new things as well. My time spent reading HIGH STRUNG contained both.

Author Janice Peacock has created a series and protagonist that really captured my imagination. Jacqueline “Jax” O’Connell is a strong, intelligent character who is a pleasure to read. From her passion for making glass beads, to the way she handled investigating a murder, I enjoyed getting to know her. The rest of the cast of characters were fun to get to know. Such varying personalities, and all so multilayered.  

This first installment in the Glass Bead mysteries was a wonderfully written mystery that I really loved. A great storyline that flowed at just the perfect pace. The reveal wasn’t exactly an action packed one, but it did surprise me when I read who the killer was.

I had book two, A BEAD IN THE HAND out and ready to read after this one and I was just as pleased!

Give HIGH STRUNG a try. You’re going to be happy you did!

A BEAD IN THE HAND
Book 2 in the Glass Bead Mysteries
by Janice Peacock


A bead bazaar turns bizarre when jewelry designer and glass beadmaker Jax O’Connell discovers a dead body beneath her sales table. Suspected of murder, Jax and her friend Tessa scramble to find the killer among the fanatic shoppers and eccentric vendors. They have their hands full dealing with a scumbag show promoter, hipsters in love, and a security guard who wants to do more than protect Jax from harm. Adding to the chaos, Jax’s quirky neighbor Val arrives unexpectedly with trouble in tow. Can Jax untangle the clues before she’s arrested for murder?

MY REVIEW


Even better than the first book in this series, HIGH STRUNG, A BEAD IN THE HAND was a fun, entertaining page turner!

Really upping her game from the first installment of the Glass Bead mysteries, author Janice Peacock topped herself when I wouldn’t have thought it possible.

It was great to spend more time with Jax, Tess, and the rest of the great characters in this series. I so much enjoy the wit and intelligence in the way they are written.

The story was page after page of great reading. I flew through A BEAD IN THE HAND in one setting. A fantastic plot with an exciting reveal, I didn’t want the story to end!

I sure hope author Peacock has a third book coming out soon!

Both titles are available now!

As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

5 comments:

  1. I am a crafter, and am always interested in learning about new ones. I mainly do needlework, but this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. This sounds like a great new series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who makes jewelry and loves cozy mysteries. I'll tell her about the Glass Bead series. Thanks, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The series sounds very good! Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound fascinating! You sold me.

    ReplyDelete