Saturday, May 1, 2021

Hey all!
Today I'm going completely off topic.


 This won't be a regular thing. 
Unless you'd like it be, maybe once a week or so. 

 My sister, Tammie, and I have decided it's time to declutter. How two women and a dog ended up with as much stuff as we have I'll never know. 

So, in about a month, we're going to have a yard sale! 


Not just any yard sale. 
Each item at our yard sale will only be a dollar!


WHAT?
Oh yeah. 
We want this stuff gone.

Now, you may ask, What if the item isn't worth a $1.00? Those items will be in a box at the main table, and anyone who spends $5.00 can pick a free item!

We're not messing around! 
Nothing but the money comes back into our house.
We already have someone who will take away whatever we have left.


How about you guys? Do you have yard sales, or like going to them? Other than getting up early on the morning of the sale, I don't mind having one at all. It's fun to talk to the different people who come.


But what about the pandemic?
We're putting it in all the ads and putting signs up letting people know they must wear a mask. 


I'm sure we'll have a few who bulk at that, but I'm not shy about telling people they can't shop without one.

I'll try and get photos of some of the items before the sale is open. And I'll take some throughout the day. I'll post them later in the week after.


Let me know in the comments if you have or had any yard sales. Did you do well with them? 

Are you a yard sale shopper? Do you look for certain things or just whatever catches your attention?
Do you have a favorite yard sale find? 

I look forward to chatting about your yard sale stories. So, please, comment! 

PS . . . Don't forget to let me know in the comments if you'd like me to do more off topic posts.

PPS. . .  Also, please leave questions for me in the comments. As many as you'd like. Nothing is off limits. If I get enough questions from all of you, I'll post it interview style on a future blog. Hmmm . . . This could get interesting. 😉


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions.

5 comments:

  1. Believe me, I've had LOTS of sales. :) They are a lot of work, but also fun. It's good to see things I won't want or can't us go to someone who has a desire for them while putting some $ in my pocket to boot.

    My Mom had never had a sale, but gave everything away. I remember the first sale I had how she was aghast that I would "cheat" someone by charging for a jug that had no lid. It took some time for me to convince Mom that it was OK that they SAW it had no lid and still wanted it.

    Through the years, it got comical as everyone tried to find something that Kay couldn't sell. Each time I succeeded in selling it. When I sold not one but two pair of false teeth, I think they finally gave up on finding the strange thing for Kay to sale.

    Four years ago when we moved to our dream location and built our dream home designed just for us with all our wants and leaving out all the excess, we had a series of last sales as we were decluttering. Our home now is about 1400 sq. ft. but only has one huge closet and one big bedroom. There is no place to stick anything that isn't used or that holds extra special meaning to us. Over the years, we had inherited from my Grands and then my parents. Having the extra space, there was always some place to stick this "stuff". When we decided to move, we knew we had to downsize greatly. If we didn't use it, want it (and not just because it belonged to someone we loved) or had very strong emotional pull, it went out the door either by one of the sells, given away or tossed. In the process of packing and preparing to move that meant things were gone through numerous times. What we thought we needed to keep took on a different look after clearing our for the third or fourth time.

    Praying you have good weather, lots of traffic to the sale and much success in deposing of your extra "stuff". You won't miss it, someone else can enjoy it and there will be extra bucks in your hand in the process which all means it's a win win situation all way round.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your yard sale! And I enjoyed your off topic blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post even without all the wonderful mysteries. Wish I could join you (or you could take all my stuff and put it in your sale - sigh). Hope all goes well. Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Off Topic~ good luck with the yard sale. I love yard sales!

    ReplyDelete