Thursday, January 31, 2019


WHAT COOKING?
Cheese Please!

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽


When it comes to cheese, I am in my happy place. I come by it naturally. When my mom was a little girl, instead of buying penny candy with the shiny nickel her grandfather gave her, she'd buy cheese. My older sister and I are the same way. Neither one of us hit the grocery store without bringing cheese home with us. So, this this cookbook was a no brainer for me!


Grating, Slicing, Baking and Sprinkling Wisconsin’s Best Cheeses. 

Wisconsin’s artisan cheese scene is steeped in tradition and bursting with innovations. Local cheesemakers attract visitors from all over the world. Cheese is a huge part of the state’s tourist draw and homegrown character. Everyone who calls Wisconsin home or visits for a day will love this book of the best recipes to cook with cheese. Stunning photos and 60 recipes from the 28 creameries featured will include comfort-food staples like pizza, mac ‘n cheese and grilled-cheese sandwiches, as well as wow-worthy dinner-party favorites such as mascarpone cheesecake, plus picnic-friendly salads and delicious breakfasts.

Noteworthy creameries covered include Carr Valley Cheese and Emmi Roth in Southwest Wisconsin; BelGioioso Cheese and Sartori in Northeast Wisconsin; Holland’s Family Cheese in Northwest Wisconsin; and Clock Shadow Creamery in Southeast Wisconsin.

🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀

MY REVIEW


A cheese cookbook? Did someone have me in mind when they wrote this book? I mean . . . cheese!

I didn’t expect a schooling on the Wisconsin dairy trade when I started the WISONSIN CHEESE COOKBOOK, but I’m impressed with what I learned. Things like, there are “six hundred cheese varieties, types, and styles”. And that “three billion pounds of cheese are produced annually”. There is also information on the regions of Wisconsin, and the dairies that make what is easily on of my favorite foods.

The recipes included are from those regions and dairies. Recipes such as, Fried Potato Chips with Spicy Blue Cheese Sauce, Apple Pie with Sharp Cheddar Crust, Standard Wisconsin Poutine, Lemon Mascarpone Tarts, Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Horseradish Havarti, Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Pizza, Three-Ingredient Cheese Biscuits, Roasted Cherry-Tomato Salad, Red Rock Ham Salad Canapes, Five-Minute Homemade Cheese Sauce. That handful of recipes is just from the first half of the book!
Lisa’s note: A lot of these recipes recommend using cheeses that come from the dairies and/or regions that produce them. I’m pretty sure you can replace them with brands of cheeses available in your area.

The WISCONSIN CHEESE COOKBOOK is a tasty treat that cheese fans just can’t beat. (Sorry for the cheesy rhyme. Okay, and the bad pun). Delicious recipes with some lovely photos (not as many photos as I would like) made me so hungry for cheese that my stomach was growling as I wrote this review!


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by submitting your email in 
upper right hand corner of this page. (on the side bar).

Reading from your phone? Scroll to the bottom of your page and click "View web version". Then follow the above directions.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. I’m a cheese lover, too. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool cookbook. We do LOVE our cheese in this household. I thought we were the only ones buying huge amounts of cheese on each grocery list. :) Thanks for the heads up!
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete