Thursday, April 26, 2018


WHAT'S COOKING?

Homemade love!

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

This one really makes my 
homesick for my grandmother.


A bit of memoir with a dash of recipes 

You don’t have to be Jewish to enjoy these family stories or the ethnic-flavored goodies. Just pull up a chair to our dining room table and savor the love (served with a hearty dollop of butter and sour cream) in every recipe. 

Like dessert, the best is saved for last, and you’ll find Diana “Nama” Goldberg’s easy recipe for the World’s Best Cheesecake, along with family favorites for every course: matzo ball soup, beef tenderloin, farfel, strudel, kugel, mandelbrate, schnecken, and more, seasoned with dining room table talk and kitchen hints.

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

MY REVIEW


This delightful cookbook made me miss my Mommom. The stories told from Nama’s kitchen were so heartwarming. I could feel the love of this family, and I could smell the mouthwatering aromas of the recipes shared.

CHEWISH doesn’t contain the photos I so enjoy in a cookbook (I’ll have to guess my dishes look right), but it does contain homey illustrations that seem better suited to Nama than photos would have. 

There are only 36 recipes in CHEWISH, but oh what recipes they are! A few examples . . . Crab Meat Dip, Cheese Puffs, Matzo Ball Soup, Standing Rib Roast, Nama Chicken, Noodle Pudding, Nama’s Streusel Coffee Cake, Black Bottom Pie, and Bird’s Nest Cookies.

I knew right away that Nama was most loved by her family, and feeding them seems to have been a true joy of hers. This is not a huge cookbook, but everyone will find something that they love.

 Be it the recipes, or the heartwarming stories, CHEWISH will make a sweet addition to any cookbook collection.

🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽🍽

Do you have a favorite dish from your grandmother's kitchen?


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful. Thanks, Lisa, and happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing CHEWISH to my attention. This cookbook sounds like one I'd definitely love to own. I know some of my favorite recipes are the ones from my Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there to all, it's really a good for me to
    pay a quick visit this web site, it contains important Information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goulash.... always remembered and make myself. This sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. being Jewish this cookbook is a real treasure and special.

    ReplyDelete