Thursday, December 29, 2016


Have you ever wondered what your favorite authors are doing when they aren't writing those wonderful cozy mysteries that we love so much?

Do they have other jobs, hobbies, hidden talents?

Now you can find out!

Today's special guest author is 

Liz Mugavero


So, what is one of the things 
Liz does when she's not writing?

When I’m Not Writing...

A lifelong obsession with self-helping
Well, that’s what some people call it. I really kind of hate that term. I prefer to call it personal growth. Whatever you name it, I’ve been practicing for years. I guess you could say it’s my dirty little secret. I’m obsessed with alternative health practices, mind-body-spirit tools - basically anything that makes me think differently. Or change something - however small - for the better.

Also, since there are so many books on different “self-helpy” subjects, I get to also indulge my reading obsession. When I need to take a break from mysteries, there’s always a new book to pick up. For instance, I just started Gabby Bernstein’s May Cause Miracles, a 40-day program on shifting thoughts from fear to love. [https://www.amazon.com/May-Cause-Miracles-Guidebook-Unlimited/dp/0307986950/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1482760665&sr=1-1&keywords=may+cause+miracles


Sounds woo-woo, right? Maybe so. But there’s worse things to spend time on, I think.

My obsession started in my early twenties in a little store near my hometown called Circles of Wisdom [https://www.facebook.com/CirclesOfWisdom/]. From the minute I stepped into this metaphysical bookstore,I felt at home. Here you can find crystals, books, essential oils, oracle card decks, tarot readings, jewelry, workshops on everything from animal communication to meditation - I even bought my first Zen alarm clock here. I was hooked. 

Crystals especially called to me. The idea of beautiful little stones having the power to heal physical illnesses or emotional difficulties was amazing to me. Over the years I’ve collected hundreds of them, learned about them and continue to use them daily. 


Oracle cards and inspirational card decks were another fascination. I love the idea of working with a deck of cards that reflects your own energies back to you. Spirit animal cards are my favorite. I’m also really enjoying Notes From the Universe on Abundance. Pull one every morning and watch your mood change! And if you’re feeling stressed out, take a sniff of lavender essential oil to help calm yourself down. (I’m telling you, it works! I carry one in my purse.)


And, books. I don’t think it will be a big surprise to anyone that I love to read. From Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way [http://juliacameronlive.com/] to Nick Ortner’s The Tapping Solution, [http://www.thetappingsolution.com/] I’m constantly on the lookout for books that will help me improve my life. Louise Hay’s affirmation books have done just that. Filling the days with positive sayings can only have a positive impact on the way one looks at the world. Dr. Wayne Dyer’s inspirational books on how to change the way you look at life in order to achieve inner peace are like reference books for me - I’m constantly re-reading them or scouring them for that pearl of wisdom that’s relevant for a particular situation. 


It all helps. It really does. Luckily for the self-help industry, I still have a lot of work to do…so I’ll be keeping them in business for a long time to come.

Thank you for sharing with us, Liz. 

You can thank Liz too by leaving a comment.

Another great way to say thanks is reading and reviewing Liz's books.

BOOK FIVE

Kristan “Stan” Connor gladly turned tail on her high-flying job and moved to a quaint New England town to sell organic pet treats. But with her nose for solving murders, there’s no such thing as a quiet life…

Summer is winding down in Frog Ledge, Connecticut, but Stan’s love life and career are both heating up nicely. In between planning her new pet patisserie and café, Stan is settling into living-in-bliss with sexy pub owner Jake McGee. Love’s on the menu for Stan’s mom, Patricia, too, who’s engaged to Frog Ledge’s mayor, Tony Falco.
Mayor Falco’s dogged ambition isn’t popular among locals, but it’s his executive coach, Eleanor Chang, who’s inspired a dangerous grudge. When Eleanor is found dead, there’s a whole pack of suspects to choose from. Stan has first-hand experience of Eleanor’s unsavory business tactics. But finding out who forced her to take a fatal plunge off the corporate ladder means unearthing some shady secrets…and a killer who’s too close for comfort.
Includes Gourmet Pet Food Recipes


BOOK ONE                                BOOK TWO

BOOK THREE                       BOOK FOUR


As always, please leave a comment and 
let me know what you think!

Follow my blog by 
clicking on the link in the 
upper right hand corner of this page.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your post with us. This is one of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I have read all except Custom Baked Murder. Happy Thursday, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to start the new book. Thanks for sharing your little secret with us. Have you ever tried Rune Stones? Used to be ma thang, lol. Hope all is well and life is treating you both wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete